Home » Community Service

Community Service

Upcoming Events
04 Feb: Polar Plunge: We have five brave volunteers to take the plunge and raise funds supporting Special Olympics.  Come out to support.     Feb 4, 2017  at Virginia Beach between 31st – 34th Street.  This event supports the Special Olympics.  With your help, we can provide FREE programming to children and adults with intellectual disabilities.  See our Newsletter for more details.  See below pictures from a previous plunge!
Apr: March for Babies (formerly known as March of Dimes)

 

December 2016

Thank you all for supporting this year’s Stocking drive for the Salvation Army, supporting children in need around the Peninsula. Your contribution ensured children our community received a Christmas gift.

asmc-stockings-2016

 

 

December 2015

Thank you for your support of last year’s Holiday community event, supporting the Salvation Army in filling stockings with toys for children and decorating Angel trees.   The total number of stockings filled was over 225 and number of tags on the angel tree made were over 50. The event was a huge success. Thank you for everyone who filled a stocking and decorated an angel tree to provide a wonderful Christmas for 3,000 families.

 

Stockings 2016bStockings 2016a

On February 7 2015 members of ASMC were out in force supporting the Special Olympics in its Annual Polar Plunge at the Virginia Beach waterfront.  We registered hundreds of 5k runners and “plungers”.

20150207_09304420150207_11284020150207_134906FB_IMG_1423564621147

 

The ASMC Chapter was out Saturday 11 October 2014 supporting the 14th annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. Despite the overcast start to Saturday morning, people wearing pink tutus still walked and ran down the Oceanfront. The event raised about $195,000, and about 75 percent of that money will stay local to help with screening, mammograms and education. The remaining 25 percent will go to research and development.

Race for the Cure

Race for the Cure

Support the Salvation Army. ASMC is supporting the Salvation Army in filling stockings full of gifts for local children. See your community service rep for more details.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: